The stream is already finished and you want to enable the captions to enhance accessibility? No worries, you can enable auto-captions right on the destinations you were streaming on! Learn how to do this in this article.
🔴How to add captions on Facebook
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook. Select Settings and Privacy, then click Settings.
- Choose the Videos option on the left side of the page:
- Select On next to Always show captions to turn on captions for Facebook videos, when available.
🔹You can learn more about enabling captions on Facebook here.
🔴How to add captions on YouTube
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles:
- Click the video you want to add captions or subtitles to:
🔹Learn more about auto-captioning on YouTube here.
🔴How to add captions on LinkedIn
- Choose your live video, and click on Edit your video:
- After this, you can:
- Add auto-captions automatically: Switch the toggle On next to Add auto-captions (English only) to add auto-captions to the video as soon as they’re generated.
- Review auto-captions before they are published: Switch the toggle On next to Review captions before viewers can see them to review the captions before they’re published.
🔹Learn more about enabling captions on LinkedIn here.
🔴How to add captions on Instagram
- Go to the video you would like to add captions to. Tap the three vertical dots at the bottom of the video to bring up more options:
- Tap Edit:
- Navigate to Advanced Settings. Scroll down and turn on Show captions, and hit Share:
🔴How to add captions on TikTok
- Tap the + button, on the bottom of the screen, to create a video:Upload your video, then continue to the editing screen.
- Tap Captions on the right side of the screen. If using auto-captions for the first time, turn the feature on by opting in. Your video's speech audio will then automatically be transcribed into text:
- Once captions are created, each line of text can be played back and edited before tapping Done:
🔹Find out more about captions on TikTok here.