RTMP - Real-Time Messaging Protocol can be used as a workaround to go live to Facebook groups.
What you need
To set up RTMP output to your group, you need the following:
Server URL - this is the link to the platform you will be broadcasting to
Stream key - this is a unique alphanumeric code that lets your platform know where to stream your video to
You can get these details once you set up a stream in your group.
Setting up a stream in the group
1. First of all, go to your Facebook group (directly on Facebook) and click "Create post" -> Live video:
2. On the next step, you ca select a regular video or a scheduled stream:
3. After you click Go Live or Create the event, make sure to select Video source -> Streaming software:
4. In the streaming software setup, you can find Server URL and Stream Key:
Setting up a custom RTMP destination
1. From the studio, click Set Destination.
2. Select Custom RTMP as your destination.
3. Input the server URL/domain and stream key.
4. Hit Save.
5. You're now ready to go live!
Starting the broadcast
Once you're ready, click Start to begin your stream. A 3-second countdown will appear to signal the start of the stream. To end your broadcast, click the stop button.
Make sure you also start the stream directly on Facebook after starting it in the Studio.
That's all! Happy broadcasting.